Goodbye Garden: Chok Kerong & Friends - 15 June 2021 | 7:30pm
About the Show
Jeremy Monteiro and Goodbye Garden presents: Chok Kerong & Friends, a Blues, Swing & Boogaloo show. Expect well known organ trio tunes such as Our Love Is Here to Stay, Carrot Cake, Detour Ahead and more!
Chok Kerong (Organ, Bandleader)
Chok Kerong has established himself as one of Singapore’s most versatile talents. He has distinguished himself as an inventive pianist and organist, and has performed at such events as the Tokyo Jazz Festival, Singapore International Festival of Arts and the Melbourne International Jazz Festival. A composer and arranger of remarkable clarity and depth, his growing body of work includes music for big band, string quartet, hybrid ensembles, and projects that combine songwriting with contemporary music production.
Kerong takes some time off his current writing and production projects to play a rare show on organ curated by Jeremy Monteiro. Forming a core rhythm section duo with drummer Aaron James Lee, the performance will feature 3 up-and-coming guitarists in the Singapore music community: Joe Lee, Ernest Tan and Joshua Francis.
Joe Lee (Guitar)
Born and raised in Singapore, Joe Lee pursued his BA Hons degree in Jazz at Lasalle College of the Arts and graduated with first class honors. He has amassed a variety of stage experience ever since, including working with the Jazz Association Singapore Orchestra (JASSO). He now mainly teaches alongside various other gigs with local jazz names.
Joshua Francis (Guitar)
Joshua Nathaniel Francis is a Singapore based musician well versed in the Blues, Rockabilly, Country, Bossa Nova and Acoustic styles of guitar. He is currently devoting his time and effort to Jazz.
Ernest Tan (Guitar)
At the age of 17, Ernest enrolled in Singapore Polytechnic to pursue a Diploma in Music and Audio Technology. He discovered the genre of jazz and felt an immediate connection with the music. Ernest is currently pursuing his bachelor’s degree majoring in Jazz Performance at LASALLE College of the Arts as a Jazz Association (Singapore) Scholar,
Aaron James Lee (Drums)
A rising star in the Singapore music scene, Aaron James Lee has performed with artists such as Jeremy Monteiro, Andrew Lim, Alex Sipiagin, Tony Lakatos and Ernie Watts. He also toured internationally as an original member of the trailblazing Singapore ensemble The Steve McQueens.
- No pre-event testing (PET) is required.
- Tickets are general admission only.
- Each ticket admits 1 person.
- Tickets are sold in groups of 2 pax only.
- In the event of cancellation due to any change in official Covid-19 restrictions, all tickets will be refunded.
- Each ticket comes with a coupon for one free Tiger Crystal beer OR one standard housepour.
Please note that this can only be redeemed when dining-in is allowed to resume. Upon resumption, restaurant operating days will be Tuesday to Friday, 5pm to 10.30pm. There will be no F&B served during show days. Visit our website for the latest schedule.
- All coupons issued on this day are valid until 16 July 2021.
- Ticketing counter will be open from 6pm. Please visit the ticketing counter to collect your entry wristband and coupon, before entering the venue.
- Doors open at 7pm.
- No food and drinks will be served on show days.
- Seating within zones will be guided by ushers and allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Each group of ticket buyers are required to sit together.
- No intermingling between groups of ticket buyers.
- Rain or shine event.
- Masks are to be worn at all times during the concert.
- No eating, drinking, or singing during the concert.
- Any beverages brought by guests are to be kept in their bags, and only consumed outside of the venue.
- Guests are to remain seated and stationary during the concert, unless going to the washroom.
- Venue is strictly non-smoking.
- SafeEntry check in must be done by TraceTogether token or app only.
- Person(s) with fever or displaying respiratory symptoms such as cough or runny nose will be refused entry and are advised to seek medical attention.
- We reserve the right to ask guests who do not comply with safe distancing rules to leave. Let’s have a safe gig for all!
Official Website: www.goodbyegarden.com
For dining only: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: email@example.com
Goodbye Garden Series
Goodbye Garden is a series of concerts featuring a wide variety of musicians and bands who have all performed at The Substation Garden over the past 31 years. Since commencing in 1990, The Substation Garden has been operated by The Substation, Fat Frog, and Timbre (since 2005). In that time The Substation Garden has hosted thousands of gigs and supported so many bands of different colours, feels and vibes. Expect an eclectic mix of cover bands, tribute acts, Singapore Original songwriters, and beloved home-grown bands.
Goodbye Garden was created by re-thinking and re-purposing space in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, driven by the desire to support our bands and the music community. This series celebrates the history and memories of one of Singapore’s iconic arts spaces, reminding everyone that together we can all keep our music alive.
Organised by The Substation.
Supported by Timbre X @ The Substation, Peatix, Tiger Beer, and Platinum Wines and Spirits.
Ticketing information and performance schedule is available at www.goodbyegarden.com
Goodbye Garden reserves the right to change, modify, or suspend all schedules and ticketing terms and conditions at any time.
- The event description was updated. Diff#1042071 2021-06-15 06:53:52
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM SGT
- The Substation Garden (Formerly Timbre X @ The Substation)
General Admissions (2 Pax) SOLD OUT $29.00
- Venue Address
- 45 Armenian St, Singapore 179936 Singapore
Goodbye Garden389 Followers